Almost 500,000 parents are more likely to get ‘packing rage’ than road rage this summer as a result of trying to cram all the holiday essentials into the car, recent research has found. To help remedy this, Citroën has created an essential car packing survival guide, and challenged four Arsenal first team players to take on a ‘Summer Packing Pro’ challenge – a light-hearted competition to see how quickly they could load all their holiday essentials into a Citroën Grand C4 Picasso.
With the school holidays fast approaching, nearly half of the nation’s parents will be preparing to pack up the car for their family holidays this summer.
In a survey carried out by Citroën, which polled 2,000 UK parents, it seems that holiday nightmares often begin before even hitting the road, with 1 in 10 admitting they are more likely to suffer ‘packing rage’ than road rage.
With a multitude of potential ‘trigger causes’ – such as packing more than is needed (50%), spending over an hour trying to pack (26%) or leaving something behind by mistake (22%) – what should be a time of family togetherness can fast become a time of unwelcome holiday stress.
To help remedy this, Citroën has created a seven step car packing survival guide, and teamed up with Arsenal Football Club to test four first team players on their packing abilities. Challenging their spacial awareness, Arsenal players Olivier Giroud, Jack Wilshere, Petr Cech and David Ospina split into two teams for a head-to-head race to see who was quickest to fit all their holiday items into a Citroën Grand C4 Picasso.
The contest was captured in a video (https://youtu.be/Cv0f-Bvg3Lc) that shows just how the Arsenal players controlled their ‘packing rage’ and which pairing was crowned victorious.
Chris Cheetham, Citroën UK’s Marketing Director, said; “We understand that trying to get on the road can be the most stressful part of a summer holiday. The Grand C4 Picasso offers parents plenty of useful features to help alleviate packing woes, such as handy storage compartments throughout the cabin and an impressive boot capacity of 632-litres, which increases to a full 793-litres below the load cover when the row two seats are pushed forwards. Using our handy tips, families can relax and enjoy the ride to their holiday destination this summer”.
Citroën’s Car Packing Survival Guide
- Empty out the interior and bootspace of your car before you begin packing to get rid of any items not needed for the trip.
- Allocate a space in the house or garage to gather everything you plan to take. Decide where things should go based on when they are needed. Remember: last in, first out.
- Pack the heaviest holiday items into the rear of the boot first to keep the centre of gravity low and weight balanced.
- Make use of cardboard boxes or plastic crates to stop smaller loads sliding around. This will make the car Tetris easier! Each box can be allocated to a family member to make sure all of their holiday items are conveniently packed together.
- Fit the children’s’ car seats first and then pack the rest of the items. Fitting car seats can be more difficult after the car has been packed.
- Encourage your children to pack a small bag of their favourite toys or activities so everything they need for the journey is within reach.
- Allocate enough time to pack the car at a leisurely pace on the morning of your journey. Having extra time will help you remember those essentials that may otherwise get forgotten.
To watch the Summer Packing Pro contest unfold, visit: https://youtu.be/Cv0f-Bvg3Lc
For more information on the Citroën Grand C4 Picasso visit www.citroen.co.uk